Questions to ask when choosing a water filtration company
2. Are the company’s products certified by an independent testing lab?
A. 3M PI has numerous products that are certified by NSF International. NSF sets the standard for third party water filter system testing and their protocols have been accepted as the American National Standards Institute’s standard test methods.
3. Will the company be around in 2 or 3 years to sell replacement filters or honor warranty?
A. 3M is a Fortune 500 company that has been in business for over 100 years, with a solid global business spanning over 60 countries.
4. Is the company a member of a nation trade association?
A. 3M PI is registered with the Water Quality Association (WQA).
5. Do the company’s systems have industry leading technology?
A. 3M, a leader in innovation, holds thousands of patents, which cover some of the most technologically advanced drinking water systems available to the public.
6. Does the company make information readily available on what water contaminants its systems are certified to address?
A. Performance Data Sheets, which list all contaminants a water filtration system is certified to address, are available on all product pages.
7. Does the company excel in customer service?
A. “Whether it’s on the phone, in person, or when our certified technicians come to your home, we strive to deliver exemplary service.”
8. Is the company environmentally-minded?
A. April 2009: 3M awarded ENERGY STAR® Award for Sustained Excellence in Energy Management for the fifth consecutive year. April 2009: 3M PI manufacturing facility decreased its water usage, conserving more than 5 million gallons per year.
9. Does the company give back to the community?
A. 3M and employees/retirees donated $390,000 to American Red Cross® and CARE for Haiti Earthquake Relief 3M’s annual Volunteer Match donates funds to organization where 3M employees or retirees volunteer. The 3M Foundation has donated over $2.3 million in the names of over 11,800 volunteers.